Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
The Principles of Integrative Medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease
- Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development.
Often people are interested in pursuing healing options beyond traditional pharmaceuticals, there maybe many reasons for this. Whether you are looking for a more natural way to your health or just looking for alternative options to traditional care, you are looking for a source you can trust.
At Balanced Physician Care we provide Integrative Medicine consultations that involve:
- Nutrition and Diet Evaluation
- Evaluation of Supplements and Multivitamins
- Herbal options
- Development of a personalized exercise programs
- Sports Training guidance and injury prevention strategies
- Mind-Body Medicine techniques for health
- Mind-Body techniques for improving performance
- Mindfulness Education
- IV Therapy Recommendations
- Acupuncture Consultation
- Bloodwork / Lab Testing Advice
Bloodwork/Testing Available Through:
- Advanced Clinical Laboratory Services from Genova Diagnostics, SpectraCell & ZRT Laboratory
Integrative Medicine Consultations
45 minutes ($244)
60 minutes ($307)
($158/30 min) ($214/40 min +)
Does not include laboratory work. Appointment Necessary. Prices are subject to change.* Cash, Check, Debit/Credit Card, FSA & HSA cards can be used for payment of Integrative Medicine Consultations
As an Integrative Medicine Physician, Dr Sharyl Truty MD worked hard to gain a breath of skills and knowledge to provide you with advice you can trust. As a physician, She has been in practice as both a board-certified family medicine and a board-certified sports medicine physician for over 15 years. Dr Truty also completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona created by Dr. Andrew Weil (www.DrWeil.com to learn more). She has practiced acupuncture for over 15 years after having trained in China and completed the UCLA physician acupuncture certification.
At our practice we do not prescribe chronic opioid pain medication, but we will work hard to help you find the solutions you need to help you live the best balance life you can. As a physician, athlete and mother, Dr Truty strives to provide you with the most trusted and balanced perspective on your health, so she can direct your care the right way.