Whether you’re trying to avoid the common cold, the flu, or the new coronavirus, there are some simple things you can do to help prevent yourself and those around you from getting sick.
- Wash your hands! And make sure you’re washing them the correct way. Use soap and water, and scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use some hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from sick people. (This seems obvious, but is still worth mentioning.) This also means that when you are sick, you should stay away from others as much as you can.
- Clean your home, workspace, and electronics regularly. There are a lot of germs that can live on surfaces, so disinfect those phones and computers!
- When you’re healthy, you are less likely to get sick. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and exercising regularly.
If your symptoms don't improve or you experience an unusually high fever or have trouble breathing, give us a call to book an appointment or see a doctor near you.
Optimize your health, simplify your life,
Sharyl Truty MD
Dr. Sharyl Truty MD is a Direct Primary Care & Integrative Medicine physician. Her practice, Balanced Physician Care is located in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Her innovative approach puts you in charge of your health, free from onerous insurance and health systems’ mandates and protocols. Her practice provides more time per appointment, a doctor who listens and respects your time, knowledge and instincts; and a doctor that puts prevention and lifestyle changes before pills. For more information about Dr. Truty and her unique approach to healthcare call 904-930-4774 or visit www.BalancedPhysicianCare.com